PHILOSOPHY OF OUR 1:1 PROGRAM
- As a district we are embarking on a journey to enhance our inquiry-based environment so that students can create their own solutions, improve research skills and form their own opinions using technology.
- Our plan is to provide our students an environment to enhance 21st century skills so they can develop and demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, collaboration and communication.
- Single greatest skill for our students moving forward will be adaptability.
WHAT WILL A 1:1 MODEL PROVIDE?
- An opportunity for students to demonstrate critical thinking skills and exhibit creativity.
- Presents a better opportunity to individualize learning (differentiation).
- Demonstration of mastery of content in a variety of creative ways.
- Increased collaboration and contact time between the teacher and other students.
- Increased student engagement.
- The opportunity for distance learning.
- 24/7 access to technology without the need to go somewhere else.
- Affords opportunity for teachers and students to try new approaches and take educational risks in order to grow as learners and professionals.
EXPECTATIONS MOVING FORWARD
- In 2016-2017, every Timberlane student will receive a Chromebook to use in all classes as well as to take home.
- Our mission is to continue to implement pedagogy to enhance inquiry-based learning using technology as a tool.
- For our learning community, it is about the learning...not the device.